14th June- Berlin/Krakow Trip
With regret, the proposed trip to Berlin/Krakow for current Year 10 students will not be going ahead. Please find more information in the letter to parents.
7th June- Sports Day at Withdean Stadium
Our 2018 sports day will be held at Withdean Stadium on 11th July 2018. Please find Mr Cornell's recent letter to parents here. Harrison Catering will be at the stadium, selling refreshments to students. Please note that for this day, sales will be by cash only. Please click here for more information.
7th June- GCSE Exam Re-Marking
Please find Mrs Price's recent letter to parents here.
25th May- Year 10 Exam Weeks
Please click here for Mr Bridges' recent letter to parents regarding the upcoming exam weeks for Year 10.
21st May- Sixth Form Update
Please find the recent letter to parents here.
18th May- New Site Presentation
You can view the presentation given by Kier about our new site by clicking here, and view the floor plans for the new building by clicking:
20th April - Exams Handbook Update
Please see the Exams Handbook with updated exam start time and the addition of OCR Sports Science, Geography Paper 3 and Further Mathematics. Individual student timetables will also be available in the coming weeks.
19th April - Materials from Year 11 Parents' Exam Anxiety Seminar
Please find the powerpoint presentation from yesterday's seminar here and the handout for parents here. Please also find the revision guide given to parents and students which gives information and advice on how to revise in each subject.
25th January- Church of England Affiliated Schools Scheme
King's School has been accepted as an affiliated school in the Church of England. You can find out more about this exciting development in our recent letter to parents/carers.
4th January - 2018 Year 7 Intake
We are pleased to announce that we will be offering 125 Year 7 places for September 2018 entry to meet the pressure for places at this school. As you may know, our PAN is 150 but we have had to offer no more than 100 places per year group in recent years due to the restrictions of our temporary site. This September we will be admitting 125 Year 7 students; and from September 2019 we expect to admit 150 Year 7 students, in line with our PAN, when we move to our permanent home in West Blatchington.
20th December - Admissions Consultation for entry in September 2019
We are currently consulting on our admissions policy for entry in September 2019, with an amendment to our policy for entry in September 2018. Please find information on the consultation here and our proposed admissions policy for September 2019 here.
- MAGT English Visit to the British Library. For more information, please find Mrs Vincent's letter to parents here.
July Enrichment Day Letters
- Year 7- Click here for the letter to parents regarding the residential trip to Blackland Farm- Revised deadline for slips 8th June 2018
- Year 8- Click here for the letter to parents regarding the DT trip to Thorpe Park. Please note- the deadline for slips for this trip has now passed.
- Year 9- Click here for the letter to parents regarding a day trip to Blackland Farm, and here for the letter to parents regarding holocaust study day. Revised deadline for slips 8th June 2018
- Year 11 Information Evening- Please find the information booklet here.
- Year 10 Information Evening- Please click here for the information booklet and here for Maths, Science and English presentation
- Year 9 Information Evening- You can view Mr Bridges' presentation from the Year 9 parents' information evening here, and find a copy of the information booklet from the evening here.
- C3 and Late Detentions- Please find the recent letter home here.